The other night I was dying for chocolate…yes, again…I know! It seems to be a regular occurrence with me nowadays. Any old way, I wanted chocolate, but didn’t feel like my old stand by, Emergency Chocolate Cake (check that recipe out -it’s really good!). Though, the cake is absolutely devilish, I wanted something “fudgier”. Something easy. Something that didn’t require dirtying too many dishes. As I quickly flipped through my recipe box, I ran across One Bowl Brownies — which are prepared in two bowls… hmmmm. Just by the title, it seemed to fulfill all my requirements. SOLD! However, because of the bowl confusion, I proptly renamed them, Quick Fix Brownies.
I’m happy to report, I made a very wise decision. These things hit my empty chocolate spot, perfectly! Warm. Fudgy. Easy. Don’t tell anyone, but I could have eaten half the pan — easily, but I not so willingly resisted the urge.
Sure, these brownies aren’t the most decadent of brownies I’ve ever had (stay tuned for that recipe coming soon) but, they are certainly good enough for a quick chocolate fix. Kids love them, and dare I say, you can even serve them to company!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter, slightly cooled
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 inch baking pan.
- STIR melted butter, vanilla and sugar together in a medium bowl. Add eggs and beat well with a spoon.
- WHISK together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl to combine.
- ADD, in three turns, the flour mixture to the egg mixture until well blended.
- STIR in chocolate chips.
- SPREAD batter evenly into pan.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool on wire rack.
* If you plan on cutting these brownies into squares to serve, let them cool completely first.
If you’d like a deeper chocolate flavor, roughly chop 1/2 bittersweet chocolate chips instead of semisweet. Feel free to throw in a hand full of chopped nuts as well, just for fun!
This recipe adapted from Hershey’s