One of my favorite desserts this summer could not have been any easier – nothing but fruit & cream! Sweet summer fruits, topped with flavored homemade whipped cream…YUM! Not only is this dish perfect for dessert on a hot summer night, it’s great for a breakfast side dish as well. Try assembling in mason jars or martini glasses at your next shower or lady’s luncheon. It takes no time at all to whip up this wonderfully rustic dish!
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 medium peaches, halved or quartered and pitted
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 large banana, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar or 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp freshly grated orange peel (optional)
- PEEL, cut and slice fruit and arrange on serving tray.
- WHIP cold cream in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium high speed until cream begins to thicken. Add vanilla and grated orange peel (optional). Continue to whip until cream comes to a soft peak. TIP: When checking for the soft peak stage, stop mixer and lift beaters. If a soft, slightly curling peak forms at the tip of the beater, you are done! Over mixing will make butter!!!
- DROP large dollops of flavored whipped cream on top of arranged fruit.
- SPRINKLE brown sugar over cream and fruit OR drizzle with honey if you’d prefer. Serves 4 **If assembling single servings, fill bowl or container with mixed fruit. Top with one dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with sugar or drizzle with honey.
Adapted from Taste of Home Magazine